Another mixed bag of small stuff this week.
- donate to rewards (and the beginnings of a rewards "portal")
- A few people have asked for this as its a low effort way to help the site grow. It's pretty straightforward: it lets you contribute the daily rewards pot by directly putting sats into it. 100% of any donation gets distributed in rewards. This page is visitable in the footer
- turbo tipping
- This is a bit of an experiment in improving the tipping UX ... sometimes we want to tip a little and other times a lot. Hitting the bolt hundreds of times isn't really great UX, nor is the press and hold for custom tipping. Basically, when enabled in settings, every bolt click raises your total tip to the next 10x of your default tip. If your default tip is 1 sat:
- first click: 1 sat total tipped
- second click: 10 sats total tipped
- third click: 100 sats total tipped
- forth click: 1000 sats total tipped
- and so on ...
- the option is available in the little
advanced drop down under default tip because it's powerful but not super intuitive
- The custom tip dialog available when a bolt is pressed and held now has autofill buttons. This way you don't have to type a lower/higher amount every time you do a custom tip.
- We made a small change to comment sorting so that all things being equal, comments with more sats rank higher
- The user analytics page now has visualizations of how many users are spending/stacking via certain actions. This helps us see that while the number of stackers appears to have decreased, it was entirely due to rewards no longer rewarding inactive users. We also think it shows that when we started taking a cut of tips, it reduced the number of users who self-tipping but never tip others.
I think that's it. We'll probably begin working on group discussion next week.
almost 100k sats in the rewards pool 👀
lemme get in on this
Btw, the link to 'learn about rewards' goes to localhost
Oh lol, thanks!
cool release. Request: advanced advanced so that I can tweak the values for first, second, third etc. In my case I want first to be 10, second to be 50, third to be 100, 4th to be 1000
We’ve thought of that. I think that’d be fun too. It’d be wonky to configure but I imagine some people might want to do like 21 -> 69 -> 420
There appears to be another bug where I count donations toward fees on the reward page. Fixing now ... nothing beats live data.
Congratulations on iterating and building this great UX. The improvements are tangible and very noticable. Thanks for all the hard work! Nice to see the rewards pool donations reflecting how users feel about SN :)
Never realized press+hold was there, mind blown
What about using the buttons for increases instead of autofill? So on open, it shows 0 sats and then you can use the buttons to increase it by 1, 10, 100 etc.
This way you could tip any amount of sats without using the keyboard by only pressing buttons.
Currently, I still have to type if I want to tip 30 sats.
This means the default tip rate has no effect when using custom tips which may be intuitive since you are tipping a custom amount.
Also, there is a slight overlap in the buttons on mobile:
Thanks! Forgot to test it on mobile
Hmmm yeah that may be nice. I think the UX here is pretty fair game.
The best existing example of an app where you regularly input arbitrary numbers is probably calculator apps.
Maybe we do something like that.
Maybe you should just show the native numpad. Currently, the input field assumes arbitrary input. Shouldn't it already only show the native numpad if the input type is correctly set to only allow digits?
You mean showing a numpad? Mhh, yes, that could work but maybe overkill 🤔
равенство... когда только 1 сат можно подарить! бельше не возможно.
Кто то хочет поблагодарить другого? пусть пишет в ЛС и посылает.
А вот когда одна новость набирает 1000 а другая 10 сат сложно понять какая новость важнее... и приходиться тратить время на обе новости.
1 сат это чисто символический платеж... и он не должен побуждать делать больше.!
просеивать новости по статусу, можно и пропустить очень важный аспект на фоне.
а тратить несколько часов на перечитывание самонакрученного контента не вижу смысла.!
в основе это переход по ссылкам, не очень надежно с точки зрения юзера как пользователя.
эксперементируйте со всеми направлениями... одно останется на всегда.
делайте гибкий фильтр и возможность читать реалии а не накрученные новости...
Я все. Спасибо за уделенное время. время = биткоин