First, I must apologise. I only realise when I was reaching my 10th entry that I should have recorded down the exact number of sats I used to make purchases from Bitrefill. Just recording the fiat value not only reveals my predominantly fiat-consumed sensibilities, but isn’t that helpful for myself or anyone who wants to get a quick sensing of the value of satoshis over a period of time.
Nonetheless, here are the last ten times I bought a Bitrefill gift card. I do get sats from elsewhere, but let’s face it, Stacker News is the best place for stacking sats. It goes to show that keeping my eye on my cowboy hat leads to posting and commenting compulsively every day, which fast-tracks my sat stacking process.
- 26/12/2023 - Thank you, Stackers! Thanks to the unexpected Christmas windfall, I joyfully bought a Bitrefill gift card worth $6 with the sats that I had accumulated in just six days. I know $6 is not much, but I’m going to use it to order takeout from my wife’s favourite Chinese restaurant (Din Tai Fung) since she has to work on Boxing Day. Happy wife, happy life. Plus, I received 104 sats as cashback!
- 4/1/2024 - My New Year’s resolution of living the BTC standard is getting off to a great start when I managed to buy a $10 voucher from Bitrefill today from the sats I gathered here on SN! Plus, I received 188 sats as cashback!
- 12/1/2024 - Baby girl fell sick and had a fever, so my wife had to take childcare leave to take her to the doctor. To dampen this curveball a bit, I used my sats on SN to buy a $6 worth of takeout food voucher on Bitrefill. I got 97 sats as cashback. It’s good to neutralise the bitterness of life’s trials.
- 20/1/2024 - Bought $5 worth of takeout food voucher on Bitrefill today because wife wanted to have Mos Burger’s meals at home without going out. Her wish was my command! Got 89 sats as cashback.
- 24/1/2024 - Because I received 6036 sats from my posting and commenting on Stacker News today, I happily withdrew 5000 sats, which qualified me to buy a $10 supermarket voucher from Bitrefill. Received 202 sats as cashback. Happy day!
- 26/1/2024 - Wife working overtime at the office. No problem! Spent about 10k sats on a $6 worth of takeout voucher from Bitrefill. My son and I decided to have pizza for dinner. Received 109 sats as cashback!
- 30/1/2024 - Receiving close to 7000 sats on 29 & 30 Jan helped me accumulate the 19k sats necessary to buy a $10 worth of supermarket voucher from Bitrefill. Gained 186 sats as cashback.
- 2/2/2024 - Used the sats I accumulated as cashback on Bitrefill to buy a $2 worth of food voucher from Bitrefill. Got back 35 sats as cashback! May not be accurate to say that Bitrefill is the golden goose that lays eggs, but it makes me happy that the sats I gain get returned to me. What comes around goes around!
- 4/2/2024 - Wanted to go out to buy lunch but my girl vomited, which spoilt my mood. Relied on a $8 worth of food takeout voucher from Bitrefill and ordered pizza and Korean fried chicken for myself. Comfort food. Got 139 sats as cashback.
- 8/2/2024 - Wife needed to do overtime work today, so this meant that I had to whip out my sats to buy a $11 worth of food takeout voucher from Bitrefill. Thank goodness I have been posting consistently on Stacker News. Earned 182 sats as cashback.
Current total number of sats as rewards: 816
Also shilling my Bitrefill referral link: https://www.bitrefill.com/invite/q3vi9c4y. I’m so proud that my sats partly pay for my groceries and food expenses. Moving forward, I will like to accumulate my sats to pay for my utilities bill!