Voting with sats launch for feedback
Yesterday at Mash launched voting & races with sats experiences. Posting for exposure and of course curious to hear your feedback. I've dropped some of our reasoning for building this and a bit of a product overview below to help for context. For more, here is a tweet thread & blog post for more.
Rationale for building it
Likes are filled with spam. Comments are filled with spam. And all voting experiences currently don't account for how much someone actually cares. The workaround historically has been exclusive memberships – so only the "super" fans could participate. With an experience like this, anyone could get involved, be part of the decision without a large minimum fee. It also helps support the creators with an alternative revenue source, and can reduce reliance on ads.
There are lots of use-cases – it isn't just about "opinions" but rather, deciding on something to occur. What question to ask for a panel, what should the new avatar/design/swag be, who should be the next guest – or something fun like who gets pelted paint-balls for a good cause. Mostly, we are curious to see how people use the product given the flexibility (and all the feedback, as a LOT to iron out).
Best way to experience it is to try it
experiment with "voting" user experience at these links
- Vote for who should be in the BTC Prague pitch competition
- Vote for who the best Bitcoin Athlete is
- Vote for who should be the guest with Marty Bent, Tanguma and Croesus
- Will the leafs win the cup
- What's the best sats stacking product
Some product details
- The products are built w/ flexibility for podcasts, events, indie-hackers, sports, media, writers and beyond for lots of use cases. Engage the audience, support great causes, and get opinions that matter.
- There is also a presentation view to help with live-streams, events, and other types of in-person displays.
- They are easy to setup and adjust to your vibe. Sign-up, go to "community", click create campaign, add in your details, customize the design and click publish – and you are live!
- AND they can live on your site (right now for displays, and soon in full). Copy and paste a snippet and it is on YOUR site if you want, and/or share it on social.
Example Product Images