SuperBowl week finally kicked off with SuperBowl opening night and I watched the festivities so you didn't have to.
Here are the highlights:
- Bruce Buffer introduced the teams (wasn't as cool as it sounds)
- Kelce got booed by 49ers fans and vowed that it was going to pump him up for the game (snore)
- Kyle Shanahan spent most of his clearly slightly "under the influence" press conference defending Brock Purdy
- Mahomes tried to be funny but sounded like an arrogant jerk.
- The only thing worth watching was 11 year old Jeremiah Fennell asking the players questions and then stating he is picking the 49ers to win because he is a Raiders fan and could never pick the Chiefs. That kid is going places.
I am glad I endured this misery so you didn't have to. I am not too ashamed to accept zaps as compensation for my pain and suffering.
And no, I am not going to whine about the fact that the NFL has the 49ers practicing on a third rate field while the Chiefs practice in the lap of luxury in the Raiders facilities. Good. 49ers need to get back to playing with a chip on their shoulder. Hope they made them stay at a one star sleazy vegas motel instead of the MGM grand as well.
Sats for all, GR