In response to some of the spam we got last weekend, we've prioritized related features.
What we've done:
- no more free posts (or comments as of last Saturday)
- this sucks to do because it increases friction for new users but I suspect we will be able to resume free stuff eventually so long as I make it optional to see
- removed the ability to add images as links, e.g.
[![alt](image)](link) will just display the image
- it now costs 10x more to add images or links to posts/comments, e.g. if your discussion post costs 1 sat, it now costs 10 sats to add an images and/or link
- repeated posts/comments, and self-replies within a 10 minute window cost x10^
X more, where
X is the number of repeats you've done in 10 minutes
- when you pay more than 1 sat for a post or comment:
- a little "info" icon will appear and when clicked will show you a breakdown of the costs
- the post/comment button will display the amount of sats you'll be paying
- you can't edit in images or links to posts/comments yet
- I'm going to be fixing this over the next few days, along with allowing you to edit polls, boost, and tip forwarding
One thing we don't do yet with regard to spam that we plan to do: posting the same link repeatedly within week/month.
As always, this is just an experiment and an attempt to determine what's right. We might eventually increase the 10 minute window or allow trusted users to do certain actions more cheaply, or who knows what - it's all an experiment.
After I enhance editing, I'm going to continue enhancing other existing stuff (e.g. more poll choices). If you have anything you specifically want enhanced, let me know in the comments and I'll try to prioritize it.