You can find the original post here
Onboarding newbies to bitcoin used to be hard, Lightsats fixes this!
Lightsats is a precoiner self onramp via tips/gifts. We take recipients by their hand, educate them about bitcoin, instruct them on how to self custody and show them how they can actually use bitcoin right away. Want to spend it? Save it? Buy more? We got you covered!
The best part: If they don’t complete their onboarding journey and don’t withdraw your tip, those precious sats return back to you. ✌️
Onboarding new people to bitcoin has never been easier. Try it out now!
📺 Video Pitch & Demo
- Complete tipping flow (funding, expiry, reclaiming) including the ability to follow your recipient’s journey
- Nocoiner-friendly onboarding with simple and rewarding steps to withdrawing their tip into their own custody
- Guide of services, tools and places to help the newly-onboarded user become part of the Bitcoin ecosystem (“What can I do with my Bitcoin?”)
- Reminders for recipients that haven’t withdrawn their sats yet
- Scoreboard that makes tipping fun and competitive
We've built Lightsats completely out in the open. #buildinpublic See our complete roadmap on Github.
💰 Monetization options
- Fees (currently we charge 1% to cover outbound routing fees)
- New user acquisition for companies and services via our guides (affiliate)
- API for 3rd parties to integrate our tipping/on-boarding solution
- Sponsored leaderboards for bitcoin events or companies
- Featured services & apps on the guide
- Sponsored service when a user completes their withdrawal “Brought to you by ”
- Advertising in transactional emails or email series (”21 days of Bitcoin”)
🧑💻 Tech stack
- NextJS Application (React frontend + serverless API)
- Voltage Node (+ LNBits for accounting)
- LNURL-auth for anonymous and passwordless tipper login
- LNURL-withdraw for seamless withdrawals
- Full WebLN integration for funding & withdrawals
- Our project's code is available on GitHub.
Our project's code is available on GitHub.
📊 Stats (23.11.2022)
Some notable numbers about the first 8 weeks of building out the product:
- 1.3M sats sent in 607 tips
- 565 users in total (including tippers)
- 170 users completed their onboarding journey
Check out our leaderboard!
- Juan (Project idea, Marketing, Content, Community management)
- René (Lightning operations, Frontend)
- Roland (Backend, Frontend, DevOps)
Like what you see?
Follow us on twitter and stay up to date. Missing a feature or have feedback? We'd love to hear from you, our DMs are open!