So I joined the "crypto" space in the spring of 2021. I was looking to diversify my investments and to take a venture cap mindset built my own "crypto etf" mix of ~20 crypto tokens of various cap sizes and a few NFT's. I assumed this was Web 3.0 and there were players in different spaces and I spread out my risk.
After a few months I started to poke holes in this assumption as I noticed pump and dumps. A few devs behind one of the coins updating the tokenomics on a whim. I studied Bitcoin daily and went down the rabbit hole. I also try not to stay in a Bitcoin echo chamber as I feel that is dangerous as well. I now have a credit card and debit card with Bitcoin rewards, DCA, and store in cold storage. I still have further adoption to go but feel I'm on the right track. My ability to orange pill others has been limited, but lets see on the next bull run.
- Self storage - I had some crypto and sats staked on Gemini and lost them to the FTX/ Genesis mess that Gemini Earn off loaded to.
- First Principles - Know what the goal is. Bitcoin is a true scarce resource that can't be manipulated. All that the other coins do can all be replicated on Bitcoin when there is demand. People will say on-chain is slow, but Lightning solves that and layer 2, layer 3, 4, etc will come out.
- Bitcoin makes the world a more inclusive and better place. From the Human Rights Foundation involvement to the countless people driven to write books about it. I mean who writes a book on the pump and dump coins or attaches their real name to them?
- We are EARLY - adoption has a long way to go. Be patient. Stay humble and stack sats.
- A miner or heatbit heater that mines? Trying to do it profitably...
- A node
- gifting BItcoin to my nieces and nephews - Ideas on this?
What's your story?