We revamped the upvote/tipping UI partially.
We have a new upvote button and it works the same but changes its look based on how much you've tipped (huge ups to @kr for this design). How it works:
- an upvote gives you a half filled bolt
- the bolt fills fully after you've given the OP 10 sats
- the bolt then changes color, the more you tip
- as you tip more the bolt's color follows the rainbow: orange -> yellow -> green -> blue -> purple
- the color is determined by taking the log base 100,000 of the amount of sats you've given the OP, i.e. the bolt changes color a lot more at lower tip amounts and if you give the OP ~100,000 sats your bolt will finally be purple.
- Your own posts don't display the bolt next to them because you can't interact with them anyway. Plus, it gives you some visual indication of where your posts are.
That's pretty much it. I have another update I'll deploy in a couple days that will also alter the UX slightly and give the user some instruction around how tipping works.