Another mixed bag of small stuff this week.
- donate to rewards (and the beginnings of a rewards "portal")
- A few people have asked for this as its a low effort way to help the site grow. It's pretty straightforward: it lets you contribute the daily rewards pot by directly putting sats into it. 100% of any donation gets distributed in rewards. This page is visitable in the footer
- turbo tipping
- This is a bit of an experiment in improving the tipping UX ... sometimes we want to tip a little and other times a lot. Hitting the bolt hundreds of times isn't really great UX, nor is the press and hold for custom tipping. Basically, when enabled in settings, every bolt click raises your total tip to the next 10x of your default tip. If your default tip is 1 sat:
- first click: 1 sat total tipped
- second click: 10 sats total tipped
- third click: 100 sats total tipped
- forth click: 1000 sats total tipped
- and so on ...
- the option is available in the little
advanced drop down under default tip because it's powerful but not super intuitive
- The custom tip dialog available when a bolt is pressed and held now has autofill buttons. This way you don't have to type a lower/higher amount every time you do a custom tip.
- We made a small change to comment sorting so that all things being equal, comments with more sats rank higher
- The user analytics page now has visualizations of how many users are spending/stacking via certain actions. This helps us see that while the number of stackers appears to have decreased, it was entirely due to rewards no longer rewarding inactive users. We also think it shows that when we started taking a cut of tips, it reduced the number of users who self-tipping but never tip others.
I think that's it. We'll probably begin working on group discussion next week.